Rule » 1
Simple» Because of + Gerund
Complex» Since/As
Compound» And
When the subjects of both clauses are the same
and one clause is the result of the other
For example:
Since he works
hard, he earns a lot of money. (Complex)
He works hard and
he earns a lot of money. (Compound)
Working hard, he
earns a lot of money. (Simple)
Rule »2
Simple» In spite of +
Gerund
Complex» Though
Compound» But
For example:
Though he works hard,
he cannot earn a lot of money.(Complex)
He works hard but he
cannot earn a lot of money.(Compound)
In spite of working
hard, he cannot earn a lot of money. (Simple)
Rule »3
Simple» By/Without +
Gerund
Complex» If
Compound» And/Or
[NB: ‘Without’ for negative and ‘By’ for
affirmative give sentence.]
For example:
If you do not work hard you cannot earn a lot
of money.(Complex)
Work hard or you cannot
earn a lot of money. (Compound)
Without working hard,
you cannot earn a lot of money.(Simple)
In case of affirmative:
If you
work hard you can earn a lot of money.(Complex)
Work
hard and you cannot earn a lot of money.(Compound)
By
working hard, you cannot earn a lot of money.(Simple)
[NB:
In case of affirmative sentence there will be ‘and’ instead of ‘or’]
When যুক্ত complex বাক্যকে simple এবং compound করার নিয়মঃ
Rule » 1
When + it is/was + Day থাকলে When + it is/was এর স্থানে in the/at লিখে simple করতে হবে।
যেমনঃ When it is morning, we go to
school
In the morning, we go to school.
Rule » 2
When + it is/was + Season/Month থাকলে When + it is/was এর স্থানে in লিখে simple করতে হবে।
যেমনঃ When it is winter, we enjoy
various types of delicious cakes.
In winter, we enjoy various
types of delicious cakes.
When it is January, we feel
biting cold.
In January, we feel biting cold
Rule » 3
When + it is/was + ঘড়ির সময় থাকলে When + it is/was এর স্থানে at লিখে simple করতে হবে।
যেমনঃ When it is 10.30 am, we go
to school.
At 10.30, we go to school.
Rule » 4
When যুক্ত clause এ উল্লেখিত ঘটনার মধ্যবর্তী সময়ে যখন principal clause এর ঘটনা ঘটা বোঝানো হয় তখন at the time of + gerund লিখে simple করতে হয়।
যেমনঃ When I was sleeping, a thief
broke into my room.
At the time of my sleeping, a
thief broke into my room.
Rule » 5
When যুক্ত clause এ উল্লেখিত ঘটনা ঘটার পর যখন principal clause এর ঘটনা ঘটা বোঝানো হয় তখন শুধু gerund লিখে simple করতে হয়।
যেমনঃ When I saw the snake, I
killed it.
Seeing the snake, I killed it.
Rule » 6
উপরে উল্লেখিত
৫ টি when যুক্ত complex বাক্যকে compound করার জন্যে when উঠে যাবে এবং দুইটি clause এর মাঝের comma (,) উঠে গিয়ে and লিখতে হবে।
Relative clause যুক্ত complex বাক্যকে simple এবং compound করার নিয়মঃ
Rule » 1
Relative clause যদি be verb এর বাক্য হয়
তাহলে simple করার জন্যে relative pronoun এবং be verb উঠে যাবে এবং complement টি principal
clause এর subject এর পুর্বে গিয়ে বসবে।
যেমনঃ Complex: The man who is honest is
respected by all.
Simple: An honest man is
respected by all.
Rule » 2
Relative clause যদি do verb এর হয় এবং active voice এর হয় তাহলে simple করার জন্যে relative pronoun এবং auxiliary verb উঠে যাবে এবং
মূল verb এর সাথে ing যুক্ত করতে হবে।
যেমনঃ Complex: I have a brother
who lives in Rajshahi
Simple: I have a brother
living in Rajshahi.
Rule » 3
Relative clause যদি do verb এর হয় এবং passive voice এর হয় তাহলে simple করার জন্যে relative pronoun এবং auxiliary verb উঠে যাবে এবং
মূল verb থেকে অবশিষ্ট অংশ অপরিবর্তিত থাকবে।
যেমনঃ Complex: I have a shirt
which is bought from New Market
Simple: I have a shirt bought
from New Market
Rule » 4
উপরে উল্লেখিত 2 এবং 3
নম্বর নিয়মের বাক্যগুলোকে compound করার জন্য relative pronoun উঠে গিয়ে and
এবং subject লিখতে হবে।
যেমনঃ Complex: I have a brother who lives in Rajshahi
Compound: I have a brother and he lives in Rajshahi.
Complex: I have a shirt which is bought from New Market
Compound: I have a shirt and it is bought from New Market
Rule » 5
উপরে উল্লেখিত 1 নম্বর নিয়মের বাক্যগুলোকে compound করার জন্য relative pronoun উঠে গিয়ে পরবর্তি verb এর পুর্বে subject লিখতে হবে।
যেমনঃ Complex: The man who is honest is
respected by all.
Compound: The man is honest and he is respected by all.
Simple, complex and compound এর rules গুলো অনেকেরই বুঝে মনে রাখতে problem হয়। এখানে বেশ কিছু rules আলোচনা করা হলো। ভালো লাগলে share করবেন।
উত্তরমুছুন